How to share a folder on your Mac
Follow these steps to share a folder:
- Start the 'System Preferences' App
- Select 'Sharing'
- From the 'Services' list on the left, click 'File Sharing' (which should be ticked)
- Under the 'Shared Folders' list, click +
- Choose a folder to share and click 'Add'
- By default all users ('Everyone') get read-only access to the share.
To give your user the ability to change files, click + under the 'Users' list
and choose your account. Then change 'Read Only' to 'Read & Write'.